Saturday, July 16, 2011

Faux Metal Star


 I found this idea on one of the first blogs I ventured to here.  I used them for 4th of July decoration but I look forward to using them for Christmas as well.

It took me about 6 months to accumulate this many pie pans for the stars ( we ate a lot of pie and consequently gained a few pounds). You can also buy oven liners from the store depending on the size of star you want.


 The first thing you need to do is cut off the outer rim so that all is left is a flat surface.

 (These will be coming back in a future craft)












Then find yourself a picture of a nautical star, trace the pattern onto the foil then you get to cut it out. When you cut make sure you leave a 1/8 inch around the outside. This will provide a folded edge and will keep fingers from getting cut up.

 When you have the amount of stars you want you can do your painting! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment