Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Crafts

So I did these a couple of weeks ago but haven't actually taken the time to hook up my camera and upload the pics.

The first thing I did was make a springy wreath out of a magazine I picked up from the local grocery store. The first thing I did was make all the roses out of the paper.  You can see how to make the ones I made here.
Took forever but was a great way to pass the time :) I also really like this origami version. Then I cut out the shape for the back out of cardboard. I began pasting all the roses to the cardboard using my trusty new glue gun. As I got closer and closer to closing off the circle I began to realize that I didn't have enough roses to cover it completely. So, being the genius I am, I improvised and switched up my plan.  So, I took some purple felt and made a bow for the top.







After that was done. I gathered some of the other things I got for Easter decor and realized it was all rather boring. So, I added my own flare:





 
  It was lots of fun :)

5 comments:

  1. My goodness you have come "Miss Crafty". I didn't think that you would follow in my shoes so much. Now I wish you were closer so we could do more together. That would be a blast!!! We could go craft showing together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fun for sure!! I am so excited to get my sewing machine. There are only so many things you can do without one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! And I love how you decorated the eggs. Do you mind if I share your blog with my friend Kourtney? She loves this kinda stuff too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jess! Of course you can share my blog with your friend :) Does she blog fun, creative things too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those eggs are pretty cool. And i love the wreath. So eastery!

    ReplyDelete